Step 2 FAQs > Step 3 Application form > Step 4 Payment form
In order to receive your extension confirmation prior to your Birthright trip departure, requests must be received at least 7-10 business days prior to US departure (depending on airline) (note that this may be up to 2 weeks depending on weekends and holidays).
Applying later than that date, may result in receiving your confirmation only after you arrive in Israel.
Submitting your request on time still does NOT guarantee your requested extension date will be available.
- Your request will be processed based upon flight availability.
- If your choices are not available, you will be contacted via e-mail.
- Please be aware that the dates you provide to us, means any flights from 12:00AM to 11:59PM on the provided date. If you have any time restrictions please be sure to note it in the ADDITIONAL COMMENTS field on the form.
- Once your extension is confirmed, you will no longer be on the group return flight, and you will receive an e-mail confirmation with the new flight details. The extension fee will be automatically charged to your credit card.
- If you request another change after your initial extension is confirmed, an additional fee will be required.
- If you are moved to another Birthright Israel group by any party after extension has been confirmed, the extension fee is not refundable.
- Once Gil Travel receives the airline’s confirmation, the extension fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If no extension has been confirmed for you, the FULL amount you preauthorized when you submitted the application is voided and you will NOT incur any charges.
- For all Birthright Israel Tickets:
- No frequent flyer mile accrual
- No business or first class upgrades permitted
- Seat assignments are done at the airport only
Please see FAQ section for more details.